Friday, November 18, 2011

Why not......

Resurrected the old Ham Radio Hobby and figured I would Blog my activities just like my Running Blog.

Spent a few hours cleaning and reorganizing the shack. Been listening for a couple of days and finally fired up the old FT101E today ... first time since 2006!

Worked SSB .... N7JHC, Cedar UT, KK5PJ Austin Texas and then G0DWV Norwich UK and then HI3 / Portable KL7JR in the Dominican Republic. Then I did a CW QSO with W7LND ...not very well mind you but I did get by. Did another CW conyact with a guy in Texas , KU5Q ...very short. Worked W0AEW in Co ... aprt of th e conversatio went like this ...

solid cpy hr rig is a ten tec a rgonnut 5running 20 wats to a vertical wx isusunny vy windy es 65 f age 61 rtiered ...so hw nw ? fb ron es nw sig fading tnx qso ron es vy 73 cul ve3ldp woaw

Before I turned off the rig I taklked to a guy in Texas k5GVP SSB and his gsignal was 40 db over S9.

Heard guys talking about a "QRZ" site.... it has quickly become apparent just how muach of an imapct the Internet has had on Ham radio. I have ben using a site to look upp call sings ... http://hamcall.net I am sure tehta there are many more!!!


Its been a real long time since I used Morris Code but I still sort of remember.. Will have to practice to gain more proficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment